- Cut down on bath times! Unless baby is covered in food or spit up - they don't need a daily bath. Two or three baths a week will do the trick and greatly reduce the water use in your household.
- Make your own baby food, and introduce baby led weaning (which means they eat what you eat - saves a lot of energy making separate food, and reduces food waste!)
- Use hand-me-downs from friends, and get your baby/children's books from the library
- If you're buying furniture for the nursery, try and source sustainable pieces
- Buy organic cotton where possible - non-organic crops are heavily sprayed with chemicals
- Use public transport where possible
- Choose wooden toys made from sustainable sources
- Spend more time outside - this energy efficient pastime will reduce electricity consumption (and will likely improve your physical, and mental, health)!