Once your toddler hits two, they require a lot more entertaining to keep them out of mischief.
Here are a few activity ideas for you and your little one:
- Arts and crafts. Nothing too ambitious, just get your little one's creative juices flowing. Painting is always a good go to, or making a collage - use old magazines to make a work of art for the fridge door.
- Colouring. If you don't want the mess of a full arts and crafts session, draw some simple outlines on paper and model colouring in with your little Picasso.
- Reading books. Try some new stories, something interactive with singing or actions can make for a great bonding experience.
- Songs with actions. Learn some new ones, pat-a-cake and head, shoulders, knees and toes are good places to start.
- Hide and seek. Step up the peek-a-boo game and trying moving on to an easy game of hide and seek. It's a good way to gauge your little one's understanding of object permanence (that even though they can't see you, you still exist).