Most babies learn to crawl at around 8 months, and once they do they can get EVERYWHERE! It's time to child-proof. Here's a few things to think about:
- Putting covers on all plug sockets when they're not in use.
- Use door stops to avoid fingers getting caught in them.
- Stair gates (top and bottom), and window guards (or lock them).
- Regularly check the batteries on smoke detectors (and carbon monoxide).
- Put safety clips on drawers and cupboards containing knives, scissors and breakables.
- Secure big appliances and furniture units to avoid them falling.
- Avoid table cloths and placemats as they can easily be pulled, along with anything on them, off the table.
- Attach corner and edge guards.
- Look into toilet seat locks.