What we collect and why
When you shop with Beaming Baby, there are different ways we gather information about you:
* When you register with us, we ask for information such as your name, e-mail address, delivery address, contact details and, if you place an order, your credit card details. We keep a record of this information. All this is necessary for us to recognise you as a registered customer and to fulfil the orders you place with us.
* We keep a record of your purchases with us, this means we can send you the most relevant offers. It also means we can deal a lot quicker with any problems you may experience with your order.
* We keep a record of any e-mail correspondence you send us. This helps us keep track any problems or concerns you've had with our products or services.
* In order to maintain the highest standards of customer service and to help with the training of new staff, we record, and sometimes play back, incoming calls.
* We do not store or share financial information with third parties.
Cookies are small text files that web sites can send to your computer. A cookie can be thought of as an internet user's identification card, which tells a web site when the user has returned. Cookies are not computer programs, and can't read other information saved on your hard drive. They cannot be used to disseminate viruses, or get a user's e-mail address etc. They only contain and transfer to the web site as much information as the users themselves have disclosed to that web site.
The European Union Directive on Privacy and Electronic Communications (the "Directive"), which came into force on 31st July 2002, recognises that cookies are a "legitimate and useful tool" for many activities, including verifying the identity of web site users. The Directive makes it compulsory for web sites to inform users if cookies are being used (which is exactly what we are doing here!), and to provide some information on how cookies are used. You can find more information on this subject at www.aboutcookies.org. Lastly, the Directive places an obligation on web sites to make users aware that they can set their computers to reject cookies. You will find the instructions on how to do this at www.aboutcookies.org However, you should be aware that the Beaming Baby website (in common with most other shopping web sites) will not work without cookies.
How We Use Your Personal Data
All the information we collect via our website or through correspondence with you is used to operate and improve the service we offer you. We are committed to using your personal information only for:
* Dealing with orders and accounts for the supply of our goods and services.
* Planning and managing Beaming Baby business activities, including analysing customers' shopping habits and preferences.
* Providing you with information about the products and services we offer.
* Letting you know about offers from other companies, but only with your permission.
* Assessing your request for delivery of goods and services from us where we may make enquiries about you including searching your records held by organisations like credit reference agencies. At all times where we use or disclose your information it will remain secure.
There are only four circumstances where we may share some of your data with others:
* With agents (including credit reference agencies, credit card clearing agencies, fraud prevention and detection agencies) that we use to process the orders you place with us or who assist us in the service we provide to you. In these instances, we provide them with only the information they need to perform their function.
* In the unlikely event that our business assets are ever sold to or purchased by another company. (Our data records are part of our business).
* To outside research companies whom we may ask to contact you directly for your opinions on our products and services (in which case we provide them with only the information they need to perform their function).
* We do occasionally make names and addresses (but never email addresses or telephone numbers) available to companies whose products we think may interest you, unless you have told us not to. If you do not wish to receive such offers please email us at email@example.com with your name and address.
How We DO NOT Use Your Personal Data.
* We will never pass on your email address or telephone number on to a 3rd party for marketing purposes. We will however send you details of offers from other companies that we think may interest you, but only with your permission. If you would like to receive such offers please email firstname.lastname@example.org
* We never pass on credit card details to anyone.
Data over the Internet
The internet is a global network - therefore there are cases where your data travels internationally, which may include places outside the European Union. We want you to know that if you visit or shop with Beaming Baby, you're agreeing and authorising us to process data in this way.
The Data Protection Officer
Unit 1, Halwell Business Park
* If you would like us to send you offers from other companies that we think may interest you by email please email email@example.com
* If you do not wish to receive any further email messages from us (and I quite understand if you don't, but remember that if you unsubscribe we will not be able to send you Sale details before anyone else) please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Why do you want to send me offers from other companies?
We will NEVER pass on your email address to another company. End of story.
However, much as we love our existing customers, to keep the business growing, we need to recruit more. We try to encourage other companies to promote us to their customers. In return, and where we consider it appropriate, we will source and send offers from other companies to our customers.
These offers are often exclusive, always interesting, and we believe represent real value and a benefit to our customers. If we didn't, we wouldn't do it. Even so, we will not do this without your permission, and so need you to opt in to receive these. To opt in please send an email to email@example.com
Let us know what you think!
* If you do not wish to receive offers from companies whose products we think may interest you by post, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any comments or would like to know more, we'd be delighted to hear from you. Please send an email to email@example.com or call us on 0800 0345 672.