Q & A washable nappies
Save at least £400 per baby compared to disposable nappies.
Purest for your baby - naturally absorbent so no need for gels or chemicals.
Best for the environment - less resources used, nothing goes to landfill.
They take a little more effort than disposables, but are well worth trying. We recommend starting with washable nappies
when your baby is 8 to 12 weeks old.
1. Half fill a Nappy Bucket
with water and add a shake of Bambino Mio Nappy Fresh to make it smell nice.
2. Put a Nappy Mesh
into the bucket to make it easy to pull the nappies out!
3. When your baby's nappy needs changing, remove nappy liner and throw into the loo.
4. Put in the inserts and nappy liners and cover into the bucket.
5. When the bucket is full or you're about to start a clothes wash, take the bucket to the washing machine, pull the inserts and nappy covers out (in the nappy mesh bag) and put into the machine.
6. Hang out to dry over night.
Newborn babies may need to be changed 8 or so times every day, so you will need at least 16 nappy inserts.
You may only need 4 - 6 nappy covers as these are less likely to be soiled.
Older babies may only need 4 changes each day, so 8 nappy inserts and 4 nappy covers should be enough.
Which washable nappy would you recommend?Beaming Baby's
own washable nappies and inserts have been made to our usual exacting standards and have been designed to provide comfort for your baby and convenience for you.Terry nappies
are a traditional favourite and they are great value. Terry nappies
can be folded to suit your baby's needs and are super soft and absorbent. Terry nappies
are really versatile and the quickest drying washable you can buy. You don't need to worry about struggling with nappy pins, just use quick and easy Nappy Nippas
. Terry nappies
are also very useful to have around, and can be used as a muslin, baby towel, breastfeeding blanket changing blanket or a makeshift bib.Liners
- a thin tissue to keep baby's bottom dry. We recommend Beaming Baby Biodegradable Liners, these can be flushed down the loo!